Avivar Capital is an SEC registered investment advisory firm focused on managing impact investment portfolios and developing impact driven portfolios and funds on behalf of our clients. Our rapidly growing firm serves as a standalone impact investment advisor and collaborates alongside traditional wealth advisors in crafting impact portfolios. Our team has more than 60 years of collective financial management and impact investing experience working with foundations, successful families, banks, health systems, public agencies, and other institutional investors.
Avivar Capital is seeking mission-aligned, hard-working summer 2019 interns with demonstrated experience or interest in impact investing. Interns will support the team with a variety of projects including but not limited to:
- Impact investment portfolio management including diligence, monitoring and reporting as well as improving Avivar’s systems for these tasks
- Researching and assessing opportunities for impact investing and expanded SRI/ESG and shareholder engagement strategies within client priority thematic interests and geographies
Sample Duties and Responsibilities could include any of the following based on experience, interest, and firm need:
- Support impact investment due diligence on direct debt and equity as well as fund investments
- Analyze direct debt and equity as well as fund investment agreements to determine reporting requirements
- Complete individual investment and portfolio level analysis for client impact investment portfolio monitoring and reporting including identifying red flags and follow up questions
- Assure that all investment files are current and complete; obtain reports or documentation needed to perfect files
- Assist in analyzing firm due diligence and portfolio monitoring protocols across asset classes, and make recommendations for better integrating these as a coherent system
- Conduct research on current impact investing activities, investors and capacity building services within client priority markets
- Conduct sector-specific, geographic specific and market trend research
- Identify impact investing gaps and challenges that offer the opportunity for additional investment in existing and/or new strategies
- Alignment with Avivar Capital’s mission and values
- Currently working on or completed an MBA or master’s degree in a related field (business, law, economics, sustainable development, etc.)
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in finance, consulting, accounting, law, or a related field
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects independently as well as complete assignments timely and accurately
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little oversight
- Team player with positive attitude and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Summer opportunities are based in Los Angeles, California. All interns will report to designated Avivar Managing Partners. Candidates for remote, part-time opportunities in the spring of 2019, may also be considered.
Avivar Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.