Avivar Capital (Avivar) is a U.S.-based SEC registered investment advisor (RIA) focused on developing and managing impact investment portfolios and developing impact-driven funds on behalf of our growing national clientele. Avivar works with institutional, public and private clients to design, develop and execute innovative impact investment strategies and portfolios that advance healthy, inclusive and sustainable communities. Our team has more than 70 years of collective financial management and impact investing experience working across asset classes, return expectations, and impact areas.
The Operations Manager position is full-time, based in Los Angeles, California and will report to Avivar Capital Managing Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Avivar Capital is seeking a values-aligned, professional Operations Manager, preferably with demonstrated experience or interest in impact investing and/or investment management. The Operations Manager position is responsible for ensuring that Avivar’s internal systems, office and vendor relationships work seamlessly to support client service, while also supporting the team in preparing deliverables and carrying out marketing and communications. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the development and documentation of firm policies, processes and procedures (for example, client onboarding, employee onboarding, expense reporting, and other processes and systems to be identified).
- Negotiate and maintain Avivar’s vendor relationships; research new vendors as needed and present options to managing partners with cost-benefit analysis.
- Coordinate office support services including purchasing, facilities management and information technology.
- Support execution of firm compliance policies and procedures.
- Prepare employee onboarding documentation and complete employee onboarding processes.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents using spreadsheets, databases, and/or presentation software.
- Coordinate and oversee selected special projects with staff to ensure timely completion including support of Avivar research through gathering and synthesizing data.
- Handle scheduling including coordinating appointments, meetings, seminars, conferences or travel in a timely manner and maintain calendars.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information, field calls to Avivar managing partners and provide assistance in a timely manner.
- Support logistics for Avivar site visits to client locations.
- Provide logistical support for Avivar meetings and events (for example, locate meeting sites and arrange catering, audiovisual and other room/meeting requirements; prepare meeting agendas and materials, attend meetings and record and distribute minutes or other meeting documentation).
- Track client service issues and follow up on a timely manner, including preparation of documents, reports and other materials for clients.
- Ongoing maintenance and organization of document e-filing.
- Coordinate client and prospect visits to Avivar’s offices.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) database and serve as key administrator.
- Support Avivar in developing and maintaining database of firm statistics and information to respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) (for example, develop and maintain a system for tracking Avivar’s firm activities, including client due diligences and other services).
- Assist Avivar in the development and deployment of marketing & communications collateral and messaging across print, electronic and social media.
- Edit and draft a variety of correspondence and memos, as well as communications via social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience in electronic scheduling and travel arrangements.
- Proficiency in setting up webinars and video conferencing.
- Proficiency in the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Five years operations or administrative support experience in a fast pace, deadline and customer service-oriented environment requiring ongoing multitasking; preferably in a financial services firm, foundation, and/or corporation.
Compensation. Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive health insurance.
Avivar Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity of perspective and background. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.